Applying to colleges is an extremely exciting time for students and parents alike. Every parent wants to help their child get off to the best possible start in life, and a big part of that is getting into a good college. College entrance has become quite competitive, and even good students may not get their first pick.
You can give your child the extra edge by hiring an SAT tutor. Whether you think that standardized testing is useful or not, there is no doubt that your kid’s SAT scores do matter when it comes to college admission. Lots of kids have the ability, but they get nervous when they take tests, or they just aren’t sure how to study for the SAT. This is where an SAT tutor comes in. The tutor can prepare your child so that he can do his best when it is time to take that test; tutoring can translate to a huge difference in score in the SAT. Here are some of the reasons why you need an SAT tutor.
- Getting into a good college is tough. In recent years, the number of student who are applying to top schools has increased significantly – but the number of kids who are actually admitted to those schools has stayed about the same. This means that it is getting harder and harder to get in to the school of your choice. In fact, many colleges are experiencing record low admission rates. This applies to both public and private universities. Top public universities have admission rates in the low 20s, while top private schools have admission rates in the teens, and Ivy League schools’ admission rates are below 10%.
- Mid-ranking schools cost as much – or more – than top universities. If you thought that you could save money (and not worry about SAT scores) by sending your son or daughter to a mid-ranking school, think again. Tuition rates are not directly tied to the quality of the university or the education that your child will receive there. The toughest schools to get into often provide the most financial assistance.
- The university that your child attends will affect their earning capacity throughout their life. If your child attends a top-ranking school, their projected lifetime earnings are significantly higher than for students who attend mid-ranking schools – to the tune of more than $1 million over their lifetime.
- A great SAT score increases the odds of being awarded a scholarship or grant. The investment in SAT tutoring can really pay off in the form of financial aid for college.
- A higher SAT score increases the likelihood that your child will be admitted to their dream college.
- A great SAT score gives you more choices. Nobody wants to go to a particular school simply because that is the only place where they got in. Choosing a college is a big decision, and you want to be able to weigh all of the factors and decide wisely. When you have a high SAT score, your choices won’t be limited.
As parents, we all want to give our children the best. At some point, they have to leave the nest, but we can make sure that they have a solid foundation and are well-prepared for adult life by providing them with the tools to get a great education.