SEC offers the class curriculum in the form of personalized tutoring sessions. Visit us at Scottsdale Education Center for diagnostic tests and to get a testing plan in place!
HS Reading/Writing Workshop
- Designed for students who have not historically been readers or who scored below 22 on any practice or official ACT Reading section or 560 on SAT Reading/Writing and Language sections.
- This program is designed to boost overall reading/writing skills, improve classwork quality and college preparation results, and encourage a love for reading/writing.
- Writing will focus on thesis development, concise pointed writing, analysis of texts and persuasive writing prompts.
- Reading will focus on annotation skills, reading comprehension and short answer questions with evidence using text and ACT timed critical reading samples.
- Students will incorporate current assigned reading into sessions as well.
**High school book list; A Lesson Before Dying, Of Mice and Men, Peace Breaks Out, My Antonia, Hoop Dreams, Death of a Salesman, In Cold Blood, The Glass Menagerie, The Help, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, To Kill a Mockingbird
Choices on list are widely used in high school curriculum. Some selections have adult language and adult themes.
Reading and Writing Workshop (339 KB)
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must be logged in to purchase this class. If you do not see your name below, you are not logged in and cannot purchase this product. If you do not have a login please click Create An Account link below.
No one logged in. Login or Create An Account
Student Name (Must Be Logged In to See Student Name)Course Date
- Base Price: $340.00 + Options